Wednesday 29 June 2011

On The Course Of Human History In The 20th Century

I found myself on the 27th of June talking to a homosexual history graduate about his own subject in his own university of Canterbury. The very likable young man was the son of a vicar and had no discernible understanding that his lifestyle (or chosen history period) related to anything more than personal preference and certainly not that it was an unconscious rejection of his father. I thought of Jung and the image Jung had of God shitting upon the church, in which Jung’s father was a pastor. I could not resist drawing the threads of my recent thoughts on Jung and The Old Wise Man archetype together in a teleological explanation of what the young man had studied and had hitherto only seen as causal. It was a brief encounter and feeling it was incomplete, I asked for his number and ended the discourse with the text: Man has created God in his own image. God is an alien intelligence that permeates everything, but has no consciousness apart from man's.

I had given a few examples of powerful synchronicity that had shaped history, including the classic of the double assassination attempt on the Austrian Archduke, Franz Ferdinand, not knowing that we were on the very eve of the anniversary of the fateful day back in June 1914. It led me to thinking about Jung's encounter with the Germanic spirit in his dream of the river of blood and his subsequent psychosis, all of which occurred while Europe committed mass suicide around his neutral refuge of Switzerland. For me these events are so linked that I cannot think of the one now without the other coming into my mind as a corollary: spirit and nature, god and man, division and unity.

The fact that the anniversary day darkened, as if in mourning and that Gemma (like a disassociated Anima) had been dispatched to Germany, just to place her signature on a piece of paper and was anticipating sleeping in the airport, seemed only the more apposite, when I found she had contacted and was lodging with Nadine - the Berliner's heir, in an act of reconciliation after the Didi affair.

This synchronicity relinking with past events, reflects upon, what was for Jung, a major disunity in the spiritual host - leading ultimately to the incarnation of The Minor Yin, or The Antichrist in Adolf Hitler. The contemporary implications for my own state of being, now my Anima is more precisely aligned with the new unity of Old Wise Man archetype - through David and the incarnation of the Father archetype, demonstrably brings me into contact with the legacy of the Antichristian host left on earth - the effect of which divides and inhabits all those that are without, including he, that shook his fist, but did not hit, in defiance of The Father’s ultimate authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment